Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dreams

Sometimes when I wake up, I realize that I have been dreaming of a familiar theme. This is my taking a class or studying to learn some information and failing the class because I could not learn the material, or I quit going to the class or some other disaster. I find it interesting at this stage of my life to be having such dreams. I guess none of us ever quite gets by failure in any form, and yet that may well be the best form of learning. The trick is to get beyond the failure and learn from it and then to do better. Maybe if I talk about this in this blog, I won't have to dream about failing some class again.

On the other hand it is interesting to have a dream that you have experienced in the past. It makes me wonder if somehow while asleep, you access an old dream and replay it just as you can watch a favorite movie over and over. Who knows? I am no expert in this area.

It is fun to watch a dog bark in his sleep and to have his paws twitch and wonder if they are dreaming about chasing a squirrel. From this I conclude that animals can dream, too.

So, do you dream? Do you have repeated dreams? Any conclusions????

No comments: