Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Presidential Weddings

Recently Jenna Bush and Henry Hagar were married in Crawford, Texas, at the family ranch. The neat thing is that Jenna managed to have a private ceremony and not have it become a media circus. Imagine our surprise when we were invited to the White House two days later. We were met at the front door by President and Mrs. Bush and overwhelmed when they told us how sorry we had not been invited to the ranch for the wedding. We couldn't imagine what they were talking about but went along with them as they then gave us a private tour.

Finally they realized that we seemed to be perplexed and then broke into laughter. They said that ever since we had written our children's story about McDuff and MacGregor, they had wanted to meet the authors. Then I woke up. Quite a dream!! Again a bit later, I heard my name called and woke up a second time. I wondered why HW2 had called my name and finally figured out that I dreamed that too. Sometimes these dreams seem to be so real that I just had to share. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to hear you guys are doing well. Hope your trip continues to be wonderful. Have a great day!

Emily said...

Hi this is Rachael's sister, Emily.
I read Rach's blog all the time. You had me going for awhile reading your blog! I thought, "Man, Den must have met this guy in the Navy doing all that secret stuff! He must have made friends in high places!"
funny...have a good trip!
Enjoyed your blog!