Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pleasant elderly gentleman

I was looking over a written report of one of my doctors when I came across the phrase, he is a pleasant elderly gentleman.  I can be pleasant but not always.   I can be grumpy, angry, disorderly or obnoxious but really try to be pleasant most of he time.  Indeed I open doors for others of all ages and gender but do not always open the car door for Foxy.   My excuse is that our car door clicker no longer works and costs too much to replace and thus I have to go to the drivers side to open that door and then operate the switch to open all of the rest of the doors.  I do not always dress like a gentleman since I have been retired, I prefer to  dress very casually and favor blue jeans.  iI try not to interrupt others when they are talking and generally work on being a gentleman. 

Now as for the elderly business.   That is just so wrong.   That doctor should realize that there is a naughty 35 year old inside of me desperately trying to escape this wrinkled prison who frequently gets out by saying whatever comes to mind and damn the consequences.   I think elderly means to me that I am stooped over, walk with a cane, can't hear well or see well.   My cataracts have been operated on, so I can see well and my hearing aids work most of the time even if everyone around me does not talk clearly.   I keep all my canes in the storage unit and as for being stooped over, well, you get the picture.    Happy travels.

2 comments:

Nimal (Desertfrog) said...

Thats a nice thing to think and Special for me....it is describing me... Thank you .. I am 57 old and my girlfriend is still 34.. and she is very happy with me..I live and work in Saudi Arabia.Originally from Srilanka. Hope to visit your site regularly. nice place to ...
Nimal Perera (Desert frog)

Unknown said...

Elecwire is a leading online health care e-portal can provide a huge range of unique and innovative Digital Thermometer Online, ear thermometer online. You can buy digital thermometer online with free shipping and cash on delivery option at elecwire.com