Monday, October 20, 2008

Is Monday Your Wash Day??

When I was growing up, Monday was wash day. In the early years it was all done by hand and a wash board. When my younger brother Gary was born in 1946, we had enough money to by an Easy Spin Dry Washing Machine. It was a great advance, but we still had to hang all the clothes outside to dry. By the time my sister was born in 1953, we had an electric washer and dryer, and we no longer had to hang clothes outside, unless you wanted to do so. The whole wash day process continued to be held on Monday.

Today is Monday, and I think we will catch up our bit of washing. It feels right to me to do it today. Actually, we wash whenever we want to. We save our quarters for the washing machines, and the job gets done quickly. We also have to go grocery shopping. You can see this is an exciting day. Happy travels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since March 15,2008, my laundry has cut waaaaaaay back. I'm sure you know the reason why!!