Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Cleveland Orchestra and a snow storm

We had tickets to watch the Cleveland Orchestra play at the University of Michigan last night. Chuck took us and picked us up after the program since it was so snowy. He went to the YMCA to exercise while we went to the program. It was so nice of him to do that for us.

The program was wonderful. They played Wagner's "Overture to Tannhauser," a Schumann piano concerto, and Bartok's "Music for Strings, Percussion, and Celesta" after the intermission. We loved all of them. The French pianist performing the Schumann piece was superb. It was a lovely night out and a treasure to hear them play in person. The first chair in the flute section was Josh Smith, a student of mine in middle school. Now that is a treat. He is very talented and showed this way back then. It would have been fun to meet with him afterwards, but we knew we had to get home.

The blizzard of 2011 is something. We had maybe six inches of new snow this morning. The roads are very tricky, and we plan to stay in. Kim's university has closed, and the grands have a snow day as well. They are so excited!!!!!! I expect some outside play for them today and maybe shoveling the walks or a snowball fight or ...... I will leave it up to their imaginations. Happy travels.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

GREAT! Beautiful family! I really enjoyed your blog! Very good! I loved the pictures and the place! My name is Sandra I'm from Brazil and crochet as a profession. Pass on my blog to see the crocheted bags and maybe even order it for you or to give as a gift for someone. Ah! Soon I'll post more photos of new colorful bags as well. To order send me an email and we understand. My blog: http://fazerarte.arteblog.com.br and e-mail: sandra.quadros62 @ gmail.com
I await news, ok?