Monday, February 6, 2012

Foxy is home

Foxy was in the hospital Friday and Saturday and had several tests while there. In the MRI they did find past evidence of a TIA which gave credence to our notion that she had another on Friday morning. The only damage from this mini stroke was that she cannot remember anything that happened on Friday morning. Otherwise she is back to being her old self. She was delighted to be able to do Sudoku puzzles and is looking forward to a more limited activity on our WII exercise system. Kim came over to the hospital as did Chuck after work and we really appreciated their support. I made numerous calls to family and friends. The prayers and thoughts were mightily appreciated. Max knew something was wrong and tried to lick Foxy to death when we finally got home late Saturday afternoon.

When I tried to call sister Susie, I used several phone numbers that I had listed here and there. On my first try, on my phone, their names appeared but when there was no answer, I prepared to leave a message. Imagine my surprise to hear, " Colleen." Who was this Colleen? Maybe she said, ".......calling?" I tried their several other numbers and left messages each time. After about fifteen minutes or so I tried the first number again. "Colleen," was again the unexpected response. This time I left a different message trying to get Susie but also trying to assure Colleen, whoever she might be, that I was sorry to disturb her if indeed it was her phone now.

About fifteen minutes later, the phone rang and it was Colleen. She was very supportive and so sorry that we were having a family emergency but that this number was no longer assigned to Susie. I apologised and after some more kind support from Colleen, hung up. Shortly we got another call, this time from Susie, and after bringing her up to speed on Foxy told her about my conversation with Colleen. After giving Susie Colleen's phone number, Susie thought that this was an older number they had when they were in California. I thought that Susie should call Colleen back and was sure they could become the best of friends as she had been so nice to me. Susie thought the Colleen business was hysterically funny and so we were able to have a good laugh when actually all of us were troubled about Foxy. Sometimes a good laugh is all you need. Happy travels.

2 comments:

wheatgerm said...

hopefully things get better

Jules said...

It was great to talk to you today, Chuck! So glad Foxy is doing well. Like I said ~ give her a hug from us :)