Friday, August 22, 2008

This blog is nearly a year old

I never thought that when I started a blog that I would get to a year with almost daily comments on this and that. It has been fun to do this and especially great to keep in touch through this media. We have heard from many friends and family throughout the year, and they have been encouraging to keep on with the writing.

In the process I wrote a short children's story about Scotty dogs and have started a mystery which had languished for many years in a folder since when my brother-in-law Mike and I started writing it many years ago. It is fun to put some fantasy and some real elements in the story and to use real names of people I have known throughout my life.

The most fun though is to try to relate some humorous happening and to make you, the reader, chuckle or laugh. The comments about our family especially the historical ones, hopefully will be enjoyed by both kids and grands and maybe be something that they did not know before. I hear that my version is not seen as always correct, but it is unabashedly my version. Sometimes stretching the truth is a good way to make a point. As I begin to enter year two of this blog, I hope you will continue to read and enjoy and occasionally make your comments known. I read every comment and sometimes reply back. Thanks for being there with me on this rewarding journey.

No comments: