Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fayetteville

We arrived in Fayetteville, NY, to spend a week or so with my mom who turns 97 later this week. Last night we played cards, of course, and had fun doing so. Today I started in on her list. She keeps a list of things she can not easily do for all visiting relatives to complete. I am glad to do my part and have checked off a couple of things already. Then we took her shopping to the Carousel Mall, and she treated us to lunch. She gets a cart to drive, and it helps her get around without getting so tired. One lady patted her on the back and told her, "You drive that real well." That pleased Mom greatly. We stopped two more places on the way home and now are having a bit of quiet time so I can get caught up with this blog.

Clayton, if you are reading this, I had to let you know that the car right ahead of us got a squirrel, but I don't think I can count this so our record remains 1 : 1. I did feel sorry for the squirrel, but guess he no longer cares.

We were treated to a rice and shrimp souffle last night. It was excellent. Wish you could all have a taste. Happy travels.

No comments: