Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gone quietly

I like to check out the obituary's in the daily paper. Partly I like to see how old they lived to be, family information and cause of death. I always feel genuinely sorry when they are young especially for their family and friends. Lately I have been checking for service in WWII. I recently heard that 1000 WWII veterans die each day. In this area and in the San Antonio region there seem to be many retired veterans so frequently they appear in the paper and their picture as well. Sometimes the picture is of the veteran in uniform and sometimes it is a more current picture. I wonder where they served, which branch of the service, did they receive a medal and lots of unanswered questions. Most served proudly and returned to civilian life seeking educational opportunities under the G I Bill. They continued with or started families and became the backbone of society in our country. Soon there will be few left and then a handful and then all gone. Thank you one and all for your service to your country and to your fellow man. You set a high standard for those who follow. Happy travels.

1 comment:

Business logo design said...

That`s very nice post and it has a hidden lesson.Keep posting like this interesting post.