Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Texas Lottery

Yesterday was the last day to buy lottery ticket before the new winning numbers were announced last night.  This lottery is called The Mega Millions Megaplier and hasn't been won since sometime in January.  I have thought about winning the lottery but you can't win if you do not purchase a ticket.  Once while we were living in Omaha we thought about saving our quarters and going in with kids Kristy and Tim and sharing the profits equally.  We bought our ticket and lost, or rather, did not win.

A year ago we drove the motor home to Seattle to visit our friend Arthur in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island and again talked about lottery tickets while having dinner at Herb's Bar.   You cannot play if you do not pay again decided us to try this lottery business and we bought several and were to share in the winnings.  Again we lost, or rather, did not win.

Not too long ago, Foxy happened to listen to a lottery winning guru on the television explain that you could increase your chances of winning if you bought several tickets in a row.   He even demonstrated to his audience how this might work by buying each of them a ticket and showing them how there were more winners than normal using his methods.

My third attempt to crack into the winners circle of lottery winners was yesterday.  I went to Albertson's and talked with the young lady who would sell me the winning ticket.  First I had to find out how much each ticket might cost.  " $1.00", was the response.   "I will take 20 tickets, in order of course,"  I replied.  "You know that your are selling the winning ticket right now," I told her.   She assured me that she was delighted to have sold me the winning ticket.  I looked at the two strips of paper she handed me and asked her where were my twenty tickets.   She patiently explained that ten sets were on each slip.  I hurried home to share with Foxy our lottery tickets with the winning number somewhere among the twenty.

Last night we stayed up to watch the late news with tickets in hand.  Finally at the end of the news came the announcement of the winning numbers.  The first number was a nine. I had that!  The Mega Ball number was 24.  I had that!  My excitement grew!  The problem was that these numbers were not on the same ticket.  My winning dreams were dashed.  I guess I will have to return the red Camero Convertible I bought with my anticipated winnings.  Happy travels.

No comments: