Thursday, March 31, 2011

Max the sniffing dog

I recently heard that dogs can smell 25,000 times better than humans. I do not know if this is remotely true, but Max seems to get great delight in sniffing at everything when outside. Now if it was my nose involved, and I was not beset by allergies, then I might enjoy sniffing although not nearly as well as dogs do. I do like the smell of freshly baked apple pie, don't you? Today when walking Max to get his business done around this motel, he sniffed and sniffed. If he was sniffing the items I think he was sniffing, then I do not want to be able to have such good sensory abilities. I think that he was able to identify every dog that had preceeded him around the motel. Judging by the various leavings he was able to sniff a Saint Bernard as well as a Chihuahua (I have no idea how to spell it). Probably there were 100 other types as well, since it took Max the entire evening to make it around the motel, and clearly he was not through sniffing. Happy travels.

No comments: