Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coupons

My Foxy is a coupon lover and saver. She even has a special pouch in which to keep the grocery coupons. When we go to the grocery store, I drive and she sorts through the coupons and decides which might save us money once we are there. Now actually I approve of this thriftiness. There was a point when I was single (As in between marriages) when I saved coupons and was glad to save the money as I had Christopher at home going to school at the time. You all know how young people can eat you out of house and home.

Once we got to Denton, Foxy ordered Entertainment books that can be used in the Dallas - Fort Worth Area. In addition to these books which have money saving coupons we also get the local newspaper which has coupons on Wednesday. We rarely go anywhere without first seeing if we have a coupon. The other day we went to the movies to see One Day which I only give a thumb up on one hand and could not use our coupon since it was really for evening movies. If we go in the early afternoon we can get the senior citizen rate which is a good deal. We also check out the store brand and find that they are frequently cheaper than a name brand even with a coupon. Does this mean we are cheap? Probably! However when you are on a fixed income you stretch your money in any way that you can. I appreciate Foxy's frugal ways and applaud her saving coupons. This way we enjoy going out to eat, watching the latest movies, and getting money back on our grocery bill. Happy travels.

No comments: