Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The days flow by

We seem to keep very busy. For several days we put together our booth in an antique mall here in Denton. At first we were only going to rent a display cabinet when we discovered at a going out of business sale lots of display racks and bought them and changed our marketing plan to a booth. The racks are now put up in the booth, cleaned off by Foxy, since they have glass shelves and we have started the process of locating inventory on them. That took several days of work and yesterday daughter Kim needed us to watch her boys for the day so we gladly did that.

Now I have found eight more boxes in our storage unit and brought them home for sorting. If an item is selected for the inventory then it has to be cleaned and labeled and repacked for the trip to the mall and then a space found for it. This all takes time and we love it. It is like Christmas every time we open another box and find stuff that we have forgotten we had put away. I am prone to establishing collections. I had a collection of horses, mostly glass. I do not even know why I like horses except that you do not have to feed glass horses. I do not even ride the real ones. I just like them and thus a collection is born.

I also like clocks, At one point I went to clock repair school in Pennsylvania for a week and realized that I can take a clock apart and most of the time put it back together and maybe even have it running better than before. This also takes considerable time and very expensive equipment if you do it well. I decided to let others do this and just collect clocks. Part of the collection is miniature ones and I found the box in which they have been stored. What fun to see these old friends again. I think it is time for this collection to go to the antique mall and be sold. Happy travels.

No comments: