Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Little busy jobs

I have been doing catch up jobs that have needed doing around the motor home for awhile. I do find it funny that I can so easily put them off for another day. Since we relocated here to Denton, I have been getting them off of my mental list gradually. A major job was to replace the kitchen sink faucet. I hate plumbing and had put this job off for some time even though it had an occasional leak. We bought a new faucet and I got to work mostly on my back with my head in the sink cabinet. Foxy took out most of the stuff located here which helped. I got the old faucet out and the new one in place and started to connect up the water hoses when I learned that the fittings did not match. Typical problem in plumbing. Did I mention that I hate plumbing? So back to Home Depot for the necessary fittings. Technically I needed a fitting with two male ends. You wanted to know this and are wondering what two male ends looks like. Only a plumber really cares. Finally I finished this task and took a shower. It was necessary.

Then I redid the water hookups with the new hose also recently bought so that we could water our front yard. We actually have a yard and have been encouraged to water all we want. Seems odd when we are in a terrible drought. I have now three hoses only one of which leaks. I guess it is back to Home Depot for another hose. Why do all of these tasks require a repeat trip to Home Depot? So this job is in process at this time.

We put up plastic sheets that reflect the sunlight on our front windows since the coach is facing East and we are trying to cut down heat entering in any way that we can. Of course the sheets we bought are not as wide as the windows but we managed to piece the sheets and accomplish the goal. They also prevent people from looking in but we can see out.

Finally it has been so hot that I had to check the coach's batteries and be sure that the water had not evaporated. This relatively easy job went smoothly until I closed the openings in some of the cells and managed to splash a bit of battery acid into my eye. I flushed the eye with water and decided there is a reason why some people pay other people to do these kind of jobs. Oh if I only had won the lottery. Happy travels.

No comments: