Sunday, August 21, 2011

The first day of school for the grands

Here in Denton the first day for kids in the public school is tomorrow. So Jon and Christian will be starting fourth and second grade respectively. Our job is to be at their home when they ride their bikes home from school and see how their first day at new school went. We have decided to take them out for a one time treat to Braums Ice cream parlor for a cone. Actually I have been wanting to go there for quite some time since I saw an advertisement for Black Forest Ice Cream that looked simply splendid. So we are making this occasion work for the grands and for me, grandad. I will not get on the scale to check any weight gain for several days after this excursion. And I wonder why I cannot lose weight. I am happy though.

Other sets of grands started school last week and are back in the swing of things at their schools. One final set of grands are home schooled and will be starting soon as well. We have grands in college, high school, middle school and elementary school. It is quite a bunch to keep track of and frequently I fail in that regard. I do try to remember what grade each individual might be in each year. There are only 13 to keep track of and soon there will be two great-grands to add to the mix. Happy travels.

No comments: