Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dates I remember

Last night we watched an hour long program on NBC, Ten Years - Children of 9-11. It was quite well done and the children selected were quite representative. They have their problems and are trying in various ways to deal with their loss of a parent. Do I remember 9-11? Sadly, I do. We were camped in Guadalupe RV Resort making our morning walk around the park when we began to hear from other campers and workers about the unfolding tragedy. As the day wore on it simple got worse.

Last night I was thinking of other events that I remember such as the assassination of President Kennedy in November, 1963. At that point I was in graduate school at Cornell University and we were appalled. We packed up son Jerry and drove home to my parents home and stayed glued to the television for the entire weekend.

On a happier note I can add the time that Neil Armstrong stepped onto the moon. We celebrated this event by buying our first color TV so that we could watch this unfold in living color. Another event was the Berlin Wall coming down and the thousands of Germans celebrating. An event does not have to be world wide in its consequences for it to be momentous. The birth of my first born son and hearing his first cry belongs on my list as does my marriage to Foxy with our kids in attendance. I hope, you the reader has your own list and are willing to share part of it with me. Happy travels.

No comments: