Thursday, September 1, 2011

Critters redo

Last night I took Max out for his final visit outside and as I was going out the door I felt and heard his leash ripping. I managed to lock the leash and then as Max came to the end, he nearly ripped the leash out of my hand taking my whole arm with it. Somehow I managed to hang onto the leash and Max and as I got outside looked around to see what had caused all of the excitement. I never did see another critter but believe it is the resident rabbit that caused this excitement. Out neighbor Bill, recently brought home some fake Canadian Geese which caused Max to get excited until he began to realize that they were not the real thing. They did not walk, run, or fly either. He sniffed them all over and now only looks at them in case things have changed.

This morning we left for our morning walk about the park and on the way back met an opossum. It took one look as us and decided to turn around and amble off. I had hoped it would play dead. Then Max could have sniffed it and who knows what might have happened. At least it was an interesting walk. Happy travels.

No comments: