Friday, September 16, 2011

New glass pieces in the works

We went to a large estate sale this morning and got a bit lost returning. We had to drive through the Dallas - Fort Worth Airport area and somehow I missed a turn but after going 15-20 miles out of the way we managed to find our way home. It has been a beautiful day here, fall is in the air, and we are only missing the smell of roasting chilies. After lunch I started in on two glass designs and got the patterns cut out and the glass selected and cut. Tomorrow I will grind the pieces and begin the process of copper foiling the edges. Maybe I can include a picture of the work in progress.

After dinner we are going downtown to hear students and faculty of North Texas University Music School do some numbers from opera. It is mostly sopranos and although I do not really care for opera, I do like some of the songs. We shall see and reserve judgement. There are so many musical things being presented in Denton that we feel we must sample some. Happy travels.

No comments: