Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Digger Reactions

Seeing my Digger hat, a man said, "Were you in the Navy?" The guy next to him said, "Do you do NASCAR racing?" I then found out that there is a camera located in the tarmac, and it can pop up and give you a shot as the racers moved over the camera and around the track during a race. On the TV a gopher pops up on the screen identified with the camera, and this gopher has a name, DIGGER.

Well I was very pleased that these men had noticed my hat with Digger embroidered in gold on it, and I had to explain why it got that way. This has been mentioned in a previous blog. My brother-in-law started calling me Digger after he learned that I had buried a feral cat shot by Arthur up in the San Juan Islands. He wanted to know where I had buried the cat, and I replied, "Up where the cattails are, of course!" This has turned out to be my favorite nickname and favorite hat to wear. Smart answers get you great nick names, sometimes.

I think the Navy comment came about because of the gold embroidery, so I merely commented that I had not served in the Navy, but my son-in-lawhad, as if that had anything to do with it.

Best of all we had met these people in a bar called, It Must Be Five O'clock Somewhere. One of Arthur's daily and favorite expressions is, "Is it five o'clock yet?" My answer was, "It must be five o'clock somewhere." Well, with that background in mind, you can see why we had to stop into this bar for a brewsky. Have a great day.

No comments: