Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shopping and Bargains

I do not really like to shop or even be along where other shoppers are. HW2, however, loves to shop, but she really only buys something if it is on sale, and she is especially happy, if in addition to being a bargain, she can apply a treasured coupon. I got talked into buying a sport's coat even though I had a perfectly good one that was 10-20 years old, wool, and probably not good for warm climates. However, it fit, and not everything fits these days. When I was in the working world, I had to wear a jacket and tie every day and vowed that when retired, that would end. Pretty much I have ditched the jacket and tie for the past 12 years of retirement. I did agree to be buried in a suit, but I expect to be cremated, and why waste a perfectly good suit and burn it up. So I expect to be cremated in the style in which I came into this world, with nothing on my back. But, I digress.

Soon we go on a three week trip to Greece and Turkey, which should be great fun. In the literature provided by the touring company, it is implied that some of the evenings might be dressy, hence the need, according to HW2, for me to get a sport's jacket. We strolled into Penney's men's department and found a jacket on sale. The man waiting on us said, "Penneys is always having a sale!" Then HW2 did a wonderful thing. She surrendered a coupon that she had been hoarding and let me use it toward my purchase. Imagine, an additional 15% off. I do plan to wear the jacket, WHEN NECESSARY. May it be only once or twice. If you are in need of a coupon, check with HW2 and she will help you.

Now I expect to go shopping again, maybe in 2010 for???????

1 comment:

C and J said...

The things I must do in life.... Greater love hath no wife, than to surrender a coupon for her beloved! And the jacket looks great, too! Thanks, Sweetie!