Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Get me the old plumber"

Don, our owner manager here, told HW2 when she was in the office the other day, "Get me the old plumber." Now HW2 did not know who the old plumber was, so being the clever person that she is, went to the phone book and looked him up. She looked under The Old Plumber, Old Plumber, Plumber, Old, and The. No luck. HW2 called Don and said, "I can't find The Old Plumber in the phone book." Don said, "Call Ken." HW2 said, "Call Kent. Who is Kent?" Don yelled back, "Not Kent. Call Ken. You know, call Kenny."

"I did not know that Kenny is the old plumber," said HW2 and called Kenny on the intercom. Kenny, who happens to be 72 works here as a maintenance man and has worked for Don for many years. So Kenny came up to the office to talk with Don, and all had a laugh over 'The Old Plumber'.

Last night we laughed again and HW2 wanted to know if Roy, who is 75, is The Old Electrician. "Yeah, commented Don, "and HW1 is the Old Lawn Mower Guy." I guess since I am 70, that puts me in with the old guys too. At least now I have a title, too. Happy travels.

No comments: