Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goofs

I can really goof up. Yesterday I was mowing with the John Deere Tractor, working on the middle section of the park where most of our visitors park their rigs. I have to be quite careful not to hit rocks or get too close to the rigs, and we also have another man or two coming along behind the mower and weed whacking anything missed. I was about to the middle of completing this section and rotated the mower around a tree when I really did it. There were lots of shoots around the base of the tree that needed to be trimmed, and I did not see the standing water pipe next to the base of the tree since it was in the middle of the thicket of shoots. You guessed it. I neatly took off the pipe with the mower.

You can imagine that this action released a fountain of water about 6-8 feet high which I unintentionally drove through. Now soaked to the skin and very surprised, I got the mower stopped and yelled on the intercom for, "Help!" Bob quickly arrived, got the water turned off, and repaired the water pipe. Did I ever feel stupid. I had to go home to change completely. What a goof. I am going to try not to do that again. Happy travels.

No comments: