Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Final medical preparations

Yesterday I drove to Fredericksburg and went to the hospital to do paperwork for the upcoming surgery and have a pint of blood drawn as a backup if needed. I was back in Kerrville by noon and went back to work for the rest of the day.

Tomorrow I have a stress test to do to show that my heart is in acceptable shape for the surgery and then a final meeting with the surgeon, and preparation will be complete. So time draws short, and I will be glad to get this whole thing over.

We had some nasty storms go through the Hill Country last evening. It was quite gusty and windy and a bit of rain as well, but most of the storm was to the north, and we felt quite fortunate to be missed. The slide has held up well through several rain storms, and I hope the work continues to do so. Today after breakfast we plan to get more blinds up on windows and start preparations to finish a bit of painting near the kitchen. That should keep us busy for today. Happy travels.

No comments: