Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stress Test

Not having slept very well, I got up at about 5:30 this morning and took Max out for his morning constitutional. No coffee for me though. Shortly thereafter Foxy was also up and bid me bye as I took off for the testing.

I arrived at the Old Peterson Hospital Parking Garage where the Cardiology Testing Center is located and signed in for the procedure. A nurse called me in, took vitals, and then set me up for a shunt so that I could have isotopes injected to enable machines to look at the functioning of my heart. Since I had a heart attack in 1994, I was a bit anxious as to the outcome. Finally I did the stress part of the test by having ongoing EKG's and walking on a treadmill to get my heart rate up to 125. It took quite awhile to achieve this rate, and then the test continued for about nine minutes total, and I could stop. The cardiologist in attendance pronounced me in good heart health and that I was fit for the upcoming surgery. That was good news. After about four hours at the testing center, I was glad to go home.

Meanwhile Foxy continued to work on the reconditioning of our motor home. What a trooper she is. Lunch out for a treat, a bit more work, and all of a sudden it was five in the afternoon. Quite a good day. Happy travels.

No comments: