Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"You too Chuckles"

I have enjoyed many nick names through the years and seem to be adding more while living and working at this RV park. Yesterday was the last of my four day work week and in the afternoon Don, the owner manager of the park, came on our new radios and announced that the two guys splitting fire wood needed to get out of the sun and take a break. Then he called Clayton to learn where he was working and told him to quit mowing and take a break as well. Finally I heard him say, "You, too, Chuckles." I was weed whacking at the time over areas that I had mowed, and I complied and shared the break with Clayton over some good cold water. It was the first time in a year and a half that he had called us to take a break. Do you think the next one will happen in 2012?

Pam who works here in the office has called me Chuckles in the past because apparently I make her smile and even laugh. So I guess that I can add Chuckles to my various nick names.

For years at work in the education field, I got called Doc or Boss. I liked Doc the best of those nick names. Later when Herb, my brother-in-law, called me Digger, that moved to the top of my list of favorite nick names. Now Foxy calls me "Sweetie" which is wonderful and works for her but not others. The grandkids call me Pops or Grandad or Gramps, all of which are thoroughly enjoyed.

There are a few names I would like to add to the list such as "Slim". It seems unlikely that will ever get applied to me. I do get called Paw Paw from time to time here, but that is really usually reserved for Roy since he is the oldest worker here at this time. The best part is the great variety, and any name is good to be called as long as it is not, "Late for dinner." Happy travels.

No comments: