Sunday, September 5, 2010

The American

Recently we went to see the movie The American starring George Clooney. I was expecting an action movie of the James Bond type and so began to wonder exactly what I was seeing. I then decided that it was more like the Le Carre spy novels that had many layers, and you were expected to be able to understand or peel back all of the layers. There was a love scene in the movie that was QUITE explicit in that the woman was there in ALL of her glory. George's character was in good shape for a man of 50 or so years. I should be so lucky. At the end, which I will not divulge to you, we were left quite surprised. As we exited from the movie, we began to talk about various parts of it. I was quite surprised to learn that the female in the movie was actually two females. Where was I? Apparently I noticed her physical attributes and never looked at clothing, when she had any on, or her hair, or....... Did I mention that she was in all of her glory? Go to see this movie knowing that it is more of a head thing, not so much action, and that there are two women in it, not one. You might want to go see this one, Ron, and Julie, you, too! Happy travels.

1 comment:

Ron said...

I love women in all their glory!