Thursday, November 25, 2010

About that Harry Potter movie

We did view the latest Harry Potter movie yesterday at mid-day. We thought it would be rather dark in tone, and it proved to be so. The earlier movies are appropriate for young people, but this one might produce nightmares for them. I could not decide what age would be appropriate to let young people view the movie. Foxy does not like snakes, and they were in several scenes, and I held her hand throughout these parts. This movie sets you up for the last one, which supposedly will arrive next summer. Then the series will be complete. I continue to encourage you to read the entire series if you have not done so since it is so well-written. I am ready to revisit the books again and also to have a Harry Potter movie weekend very soon as well. Happy travels.

1 comment:

sperlonga said...

We came home and grabbed the book. Will's re-reading it now. I read all the parts I wanted to. Yeah, the snake, yikes! I closed my eyes! ha! I did that in LOTR, too. We LOVED the movie!! Linnea phoned during dinner the other night, so we put her on speaker and the four of us had a great time talking about the movie. It gets five stars here!