Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cleaning the coach, eye appointment

Yesterday was a cleaning day, not that the coach needed it after being on the road for two months. The floor got scrubbed as did most of the rest of the coach inside and out. There was much grime to get rid of, and so we worked at this task. At the end we ourselves got the same treatment. Once the laundry is clean today, we can almost sparkle. Can you see me sparkling? Now Foxy is another matter as she sparkles all the time.

The eye appointment was the next order of business for the day. I have trouble reading signs when traveling, and the glare bothers me with night time driving as well. It had been nearly two years since the last visit, and so I was glad to go this time. I got the whole routine including the drops to dilate the iris, and Foxy was good to wait for me since I should not be driving afterwards. I will do the same for her when she has her appointment in a couple of weeks. The results were new glasses for another year and then probably cataracts surgery. The lens are getting cloudy but not quite ready or meet Medicare guidelines quite yet. It think it is amazing what can be done medically these days. New lens to see and hearing aids to hear, and if I could get a brain to think and other parts to function, I might be young again. Unlikely!!!! Happy travels.

No comments: