Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pizza, pizza

I know that advertisements do pay off or there would not be any. Last night I happened to catch an ad for Chicago style pizza at a place in San Antonio and I was in trouble. I talked Foxy into getting a medium pizza at Domino's which is nearby. I called and ordered it and drove over there to their store and picked it up about fifteen minutes later as they had suggested. It smelled so good that I was tempted to have a piece on the way home but fortunately the box was in the back seat and too hard to grab while driving.

Once home we arranged plates and dove into the deep dish, all meat pizza. This was not a Chicago pizza, but it was good if maybe a bit too much crust. I managed to eat three pieces while Foxy worked on two. It may not have been the best pizza in the world, but it sure tasted good to me. Besides, I did not have to cook. Yeah! Poor Foxy has had to put up with my cooking for the past five weeks while her shoulder recuperates. I suspect that she is working so hard because secretly she can not wait to get back to being the cook and leaving the dishes to me. I don't blame her a bit since from my perspective she is a vastly better cook for sure. Having had a pizza fix there only remains a KFC trip and my culinary skills will be completed. Happy travels. P.S. I have never had a Chicago pizza but hope to live long enough to try one. Sounds heavenly to me.

No comments: