Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Do you like dentists?

The other day at breakfast I lost part of a molar and tried to eat it but realized it was a bit too crunchy. We had to find a dentist and make an appointment so that I could find out exactly what had happened and what the fix might be. This morning I drove to my nine o'clock appointment with a bit of trepidation since this is not my favorite thing to do.

I got all of the usual new person in the office routines and had to sit at a computer terminal answering many questions. Do you think that they noticed that I have been avoiding going to any dentist for the past three years? Then came the x-ray routines and many pictures taken of my teeth.

A dental hygienist then checked out my teeth and gums and finally a dentist checked out the molar that caused all of this excitement today. Finally a lady from the front office came by to explain my options and related costs. I was glad to be sitting down.

I decided to get my teeth cleaned and a crown for the affected tooth. It all was finished today. Cleaning first and then they made the crown on the spot. It is a computerized process, amazing. I still have other things to look forward to in the future.

The hygienist is about to be 40 and looks 20 and was male. The dentist is to get married this Friday and when I wished him a wonderful honeymoon said maybe next summer. This whole process only took 5 1/2 hours. What a way to spend my day. I am in hock to pay for all of this attention. Happy travels.

No comments: