Sunday, November 6, 2011

Doors

I got this topic from reading information about Andy Rooney who recently passed away at the age of 92. That seems like a good age to pass away to me since it is twenty years in the future for me. Andy once wrote about doors in response to the idea that he could write about anything.

We have one door that allows us to enter and depart from our motor home. We like to keep it open on warm days to capture any breezes and get the air moving in the coach. We have had this coach since 2003 and have lived in it most of the time since. That means that we have used this door many times. Now when the door is open the wind can catch it and it slams back and forth and is hard on the hinges. I finally figured a way to hold the door open by using bungee cords. It works well and the door can be open without moving back and forth. It only took me eight years to figure out a solution to my problem. You say maybe I have other problems like maybe I am a slow problem solver?

The other night we had our kids/grands over to watch one of the games of the World Series. One of the kids was standing in front of the television and I almost said, "You make a better door than a window." Fortunately he sat down, I never made the comment and the moment passed. It at least is another thought about doors.

Finally I really like doors but prefer them to be colored. I really favor doors that are painted Chinese Red or turquoise. I even like art work that shows several doors in various conditions and colors. Now for the serious question. Are doors more for going out or coming in and does your choice make you an extrovert or an introvert? Such a deep thought. Happy travels.

No comments: