Saturday, November 17, 2007

200 Cold Viruses

Somewhere I heard that there were actually 200 different cold viruses. This is probably a big lie made up by Dr. David Williams (Harold's favorite Dr.) to sell more of his products to cure the cold virus. Now he may have something, like lots of money from Harold, but he can't fool me twice. I once bought some of his snake cures and did get rid of all of my snakes. (Just kidding) When it comes right down to it, we all know that the common cold takes two weeks to get over. No matter what you do, it takes two weeks. Nothing really works, although last night I considered the three fingers cure very seriously. You take a clean glass and wrap your hand around the glass to discover how much Scotch or Bourbon it takes to fill up to three fingers, and then drink it. I actually have tried this cure (Not Last Night!). It does not cure your cold, but, you don't care any more. I sat up from 12 to 2:30am last night trying to not keep HW2 awake with my endless coughing. Finally Hall's cough drops helped somewhat, and I crawled back into bed and slept till 7 this morning. The good thing about this misadventure was I got to hear it raining, just as Jennifer, the San Antonio weather lady, had promised.

Anyway this cold saga continues through its two weeks and I expect to live through it, even though Brian Williams of the NBC Nightly News told us that there was now a killer cold virus out there. I do not plan to get that!!!!! My grandchildren lived through their colds and I have to do the same and follow their good examples. So Dr. Williams - Hah!!! Harold - Don't believe everything you read. Happy travels and keep warm. Don't get colds.

2 comments:

sperlonga said...

Now that was a fun blog to read! I just read it aloud to MM. We had a good laugh! I hope you get over it soon--and aren't you glad,now that you're not driving to Omaha? We'll get you when you're all strong an healthy. BTW, we're playing the bells for the 16th service. Going to be there?

sperlonga said...

Re Dr David Williams-though Beth is the greatest skeptic, let it be known that Harold, for following his advice, has had no colds or viruses this year! Or LAST. So-a word to the wise-perhaps a dose of DW's advice would be good for you too! (two)=2000 mg Vit C/day,
B and H