Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fire Trucks and Ambulances

Since we have been in Kerrville at the Guadalupe River Resort for RV'ers, I have watched the fire truck and ambulance go by twice. The first time it was just across from us, and neighbor Carl was having trouble with his diabetes and had to be taken to the hospital to get his body chemistry back in sync. A couple of days later and he was back here, and all was well. About 10 minutes ago I again heard the sirens getting louder and louder, and this time they stopped a short distance away, and I am wondering what the trouble might be. At one point we parked directly across from where the emergency has occurred, and I got to visiting with the elderly man who lives there with his wife. Being a 'nosey parker' seems to come naturally when you reside in a small community like this, so, I'll have to find out what happened. I hope that they are both OK.

My Aunt Maude got remarried late in life and spent a winter in in a Del Webb Resort with her new husband, which is only for people over 55 or 65. She said that every time the ambulance came by, everyone would stick out his head and try to see if a better apartment had just become available. I suspect in retirement areas, ambulances are a fact of life. Stick with me, and if I learn more worth reporting, I will keep you posted. Happy, safe traveling!!!!

He was having a heart attack and has been airlifted to a San Antonio hospital but that is all at this time. We are hoping for a good outcome.

No comments: