Sunday, March 1, 2009

Can Max learn to heel



This morning at 32 degrees, Max and I headed over to the office to get the Sunday paper. We moved right along with some urging to Max by whistles, clicks, and presumably other encouraging human sounds to get him to walk with me. At one point he actually was dogging my footsteps when I realized that he really was only trying to bite my pant legs. So I guess I have not been teaching him to "heel," but more correctly to "pant leg."

We managed to find Max a larger crate since he was outgrowing his first crate. We had gone to a moving sale and found a crate for $15.00, which is considerably cheaper than what can be found in pet stores. Max seems to like his new home, but it does give him a greater chance to see what is going on and to make doggie comments on why he is crated and not free outside. We finally covered his crate with one of his towels to cut off his view a bit. He decided to try to drag the towel through the slats of the crate, and this kept him occupied for some time. We do what we can to keep him amused. Max is a joy and a handful but already is much loved around here. Keep tuned, we may yet tell you more about Max as he grows from puppydom to adulthood.

No comments: