Sunday, March 29, 2009

Training is underway

Hw2 is working real hard in the office and getting her mind to working overtime. The computer system that is used to handle checking in, reservations and all that goes with that is complicated. She is a quick study though and learning hour by hour. She says that every situation is a new one, but she has found it to be interesting. She meets people well and enjoys helping others, so really she is in her element.

The things that I do in the maintenance end of this place require a lot less thinking but are still interesting. I like to be doing things, so I get to drive a cart and check on who is still here, read electric meters, lead new campers to their sites and help them get situated, clean the pools (we have three and one hot tub), lock or unlock the entire place, and soon begin to mow and use the weed eater. Then, of course, we are expected to fix things that go broke. This can be challenging. Yesterday, my fourth day, I picked up sticks left from storms, did some trimming of trees and bushes, and removed some dead bushes. I hear that we are getting a new John Deere mower to be used primarily around each of the sites. We also have a larger mower to be used on the open areas. That should all be fun. I really like the work so far and have decided that I no longer need to stay so closely to my diet, since this amount of active working keeps me from getting too fat. We celebrated with Culver fried chicken on Sunday and leftovers on Monday. I guess that is all the fried chicken for this year, but it was good. Happy travels.

No comments: