Monday, July 27, 2009

If it is Monday

If it is Monday, then does the unusual happen? Today a co-worker, Clayton, went to mow around one of the buildings and later used the weed wacker to get any missed grass. As he came around one corner of the building, he managed to catch a rock and send it careening into a window. It was the same window where I had previously sent a rock. I got the first layer, and he got the next. So, suddenly we were cleaning up busted glass and cutting plywood to cover the opening.

At the same time I suddenly realised that I had lost my set of keys I use to get in and out of the many buildings and doors throughout this resort. I retraced my steps and NO KEYS. Panic sets in, and so I talk it over with Clayton (of the window breaking fame today), and we decide to go back to one of the mechanical rooms near the pools, and there were the lost keys. YEAH!!!!

Neither of these activities were planned, but it was Monday.

Finally, we were returning lots of vehicles to a storage area that got painted today, and I had to drive the tractor. I had not driven this vehicle to date but managed and got it back without an incident into the yard. Some things happen on Mondays that are OK. Happy travels.

No comments: