Saturday, July 11, 2009

Keroke or Karaoke or ?????

I am not exactly sure how to spell Keroke but will try this spelling at the moment. Friday night we went over to our neighborhood River Rock Saloon, and Friday night is Karaoke provided by one of the work camping couples here. After a beer I suggested to HW2 that we get up and participate. One of our favorites is an Anne Murray song, "Can I Have This Dance." Well there was no shepherd's crook to yank us off stage. HW2 got suggestions of other songs and singers to emulate afterwards. I sat down. No other comments came my way.

We did sing the whole song and had no idea what anyone heard. It was fun, but I probably will not try it again. Now HW2 may soon be singing on Friday nights, which would be fine, as she has a good singing voice, and I, for one, like to hear her sing. It was a new adventure, for sure. I do not see how someone can get up and sing in front of an audience as a career but am glad for those that have such a talent. Happy travels.

No comments: