Friday, July 3, 2009

The Michael Jackson thing

I have never heard news people get quite so worked up over a death since Princess Diana died. I guess I am too old to appreciate the positive side of Michael, although I did think his moon walking was clever. I was too turned off by the negative things reported about him and his constant plastic surgery efforts. Needless to say, I am quite sick of all the fuss and can't wait to have all this blow over. Fortunately, we have a mute and an off button on our TV clicker, and it has been put to use frequently during this time.

When Elvis died at a relatively young age, I felt sorry to lose his talent but sad that he had gotten into drugs and other things. Graceland turned out to be his resting place and a tourist attraction. Where do you suppose they will put Michael? I suggest ashes over the Pacific. Let the pilgrimage begin. Happy travels.

No comments: