Thursday, July 9, 2009

Working outside in the heat

It has been hot here for quite a spell. In the early morning it is in the 80's but quickly rises into the 90's or more by lunch time. Yesterday I was mowing and by 2:30 could feel the sun burning on my legs and finally quit when I got done with the middle section of this park. I do not know how someone can work out in this heat, especially when it gets into the low 100's. I have learned to put on sun screen, which I hate as you feel sticky. Then I have learned to try to keep hydrated by drinking water and more water. I do not really like to drink water much either, but it is necessary. As soon as you take a swig of water, you break out into more sweating. Thank you for sharing.

In spite of this we do manage to get along. At the end of a day we are quite tired and looking forward to a cooling shower and a chance to relax. Texas, in the summer, takes getting used to, for sure. Next year we are not planning to stay here in the summer. The cooler northern part of the country is calling us, with its siren voice. "Come North, you fools, come North."

This weekend we hope again to attend our second Crossfire Rally. Shall keep you posted. Happy travels.

No comments: