Saturday, September 12, 2009

More Rain

It started to rain just as I took Max outside to do his morning business. Then it really dumped and interrupting the poor dog, so we hurried back in to wait for better timing to finish this. Well, needless to say, the rain continues and Max could wait no longer so we went out again. This place now smells like wet dog. Poor guy!

We need this rain very badly and are thankful that our long drought is over for the moment. Our river actually has water flowing in it. This should give the river a much needed flushing out of stagnant pools and other stuff.

Another amazing thing was how quickly the grass greened up again. We have gone from brown to green with a few days of rain. Our trees have been shedding leaves and in some cases dying back. I can only hope that the rain helps curtail this process too.

The sound of raindrops is not only soothing it seems to induce me to snooze. I do not need anything to get me to snooze other than some sonorous voice on TV. Our kids call it, "Dad's news and snooze hour." Friday with the intermittent rain I snoozed all afternoon and woke up to realize that I had been sitting on my glasses. The snooze was great but the newly broken glasses was not. So on Saturday we headed to San Antonio to try to get new frames. We succeeded and ordered another pair. The old ones can be used for work and the new ones for reading or less strenuous things. The old glasses were getting scratched so I am looking forward to having clearer reading glasses. Enjoy the rain and happy travels.

No comments: