Sunday, September 20, 2009

Salads, aka damn rabbit food

I have an opinion about salads, and if you noticed this title, you now know how I feel. God made green vegetables for animals to eat and for us to eat the animals. We are supposed to get our rabbit food second hand. I like to eat rabbits since I think they taste like chicken. For the past 20 years I have endured salads. HW2 loves them; I merely endure, although not always quietly.

When we were growing up, we had a large garden and ate whatever vegetables were harvested and ate them in their season. When the season was over, you ate vegetables that were home-canned. Otherwise, you did not have to eat them. There is a commie plot to ship vegetables to the USA from all over the world, and that means that there is always rabbit food available for HW2 to buy. I have tried to explain that if we had to have salads, it should be in SMALL amounts. This means you put them in a very small dish. They are quickly eaten and forgotten. In France you get a salad at the end of the meal, and you can then explain that you are full and do not have to eat it. Here we get dessert at the end of the meal, and if you have too much salad, you are too full and do not have room for the dessert. I may have to move to France. HW2 will probably tell you that I have it wrong about France, but I am sure that somewhere there, they serve food with the salad optional at the end of the meal.

Since I have regained four pounds, dinner tonight will consist of a LARGE SALAD and vegetables and meat. No dessert for this person. I will eat the damn rabbit food and love it. Happy travels.

No comments: