Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beautiful days here

We have been fortunate to have a lovely spring here. The pecan trees are now fully leafed out and provide needed shade throughout this RV park. This is also a working orchard, and they water the trees and keep the grass under control so it is quite a lovely setting. When you add in Johnson Creek on the edge of this property with it's dams and ponds, well, what more can I add.

We have also been enjoying the company of good friends. Ron and Julie left for home in Minnesota this morning and will certainly be missed although we will keep in touch through email. We have spent time with Lois and Dave and others as well, and it is wonderful to maintain such good friendships. Lots of meals out keep the belt tight, and I have to get in more exercise. After my annual physical I got the message to lose 10-15 pounds. A lovely goal but it takes lots of discipline. I will have to pattern myself after Ron I, who is working diligently to lose weight and has lost over 90 pounds so far. We went to the Art Center to see his photo which won the monthly professional photographers award and was on display. Such talent.

Max and I have been out once but soon will take another stroll to visit with the donkeys and give him a chance to bark and try to get them to play. Joan, I wanted to let you know that I saw a lovely blue bird here. Happy travels.

No comments: