Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Max, the drama queen

I do not think that Max likes to get groomed. He behaves well but seems to be tramztized for a couple of days after the event. However when he gets shaggy or real dirty we have little choice. We took him to the humane society, now that is a good sounding name, for his latest experience. They offer grooming services and left Max in their care. When we returned about three hours later, Max looked terrific. The groomer had done a good job. She said that he had been good but that, " He was a bit of a drama queen." He did not want to have his nails clipped and he yelped when she struggled to get several burrs out of his hair. I knew that he did not like this either and this is another reason why I do not try to groom him myself. So we brought our bit of a drama queen home and hope that by tomorrow he will get over this grooming trauma. I wonder how he would like going to the dentist. Happy travels.

No comments: