Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dr. Laura and Leviticus

Apparently Dr. Laura, of television fame, said that homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18: 22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.  The following are some funny responses to Dr. Laura's statement.

1.  Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided that they are purchased from a neighboring country.  Can you clarify since I want to own a Canadian.

2.  I would like to sell my daughter into slavery as sanctioned  in Exodus 21:7. What do you think would be a fair price for her?

3.  I know from Leviticus 11: 6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

4.  I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.   Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.   Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

5.  Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight.  I have to admit that I wear reading glasses.   Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

Enjoy!  Happy travels.

P.S.  It would be a darn shame if I couldn't own a Canadian

No comments: