Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday is here

Easter Sunday is finally here today.   In church we can all sing Christ is risen indeed.   That may not be the title of a hymn but is the sentiment for sure.  This means Lent is over and I can rethink giving up dessert, candy and alcohol.   Those were my personal choices and I thought that six weeks of self denial, appropriate for me.  In fact I managed to lose ten pounds during this time.   I will probably gain back some unless I hold back at Easter dinner today.

Yesterday I went to pick up a large ham that was being smoked by another member at church.   He had smoked 30 hams as a fund raiser for our church youth.  They all looked wonderful.   I wanted to sit right down and have a little taste of the ham but did not have a knife with me which was a good thing.   I came home smelling of smoke and the ham safely wrapped in aluminum foil and cooling in Kim and Chuck's refrigerator.   Samples await tonight.   Happy travels.

No comments: