Sunday, April 15, 2012

The news of my demise........

On Friday we went to a favorite Mexican restaurant for breakfast, Loyola's,  where we have been going for twenty years or more.  Loyola is  no longer with us but her daughter Sarah continues to run a fine place with great carne adovada and other tasty menu offerings.   After visiting with the many folks that we know there and enjoying the food, we decided to go next door to the Antique Specialty Mall where we used to have an antique booth many years ago.   The first people we ran into there were Chuck and Judy K.   Chuck announced to me that he had heard, "You were dead!"   I semi quoted Mark Twain, "I am here talking with you so the news of my demise is greatly exaggerated."  Needless to say we did not feel particularly welcome, although I was glad to correct Chuck's news and quickly exited and went back to the hospital.  I am frequently amazed by the things that people will say but did enjoy setting the record straight.   Happy travels.

No comments: