Thursday, October 25, 2007

Candle or Potpourri Smells in Stores

Yesterday in the afternoon HW2 and I went downtown to purchase a present for a member of our family. We started to go in one of the stores, and I could tell before I had gotten more than my head in, that this store enjoyed the smells that some candles or potpourri provide, thinking that the customers will enjoy the smells and perhaps buy more things while there. Unfortunately for me, I get an instant headache. Hw2 knows this, and said, " You'd better not go into this store because of the odor." So I stayed, and even just having my head in the door, I immediately got the headache, which lasted for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

When we met Joe and Nellie in Fredericksburg, the problem of the smells in stores and resulting headaches came up because I had seen Joe waiting outside of a store while Nellie shopped and asked him about that. Joe gets the headaches too. Now he is the only other person that I know to whom this happens. I wonder if you readers have come across this problem and would appreciate your comments.

I do not know why these smells would cause a headache, but they do. Any ideas?????

No comments: