Monday, October 1, 2007

One Fine Woman

We frequently get comments when we interact with people when we are 'out and about'. If you have been reading our blogs then you have learned a bit about what I mean. One comment that we get from younger people is: "You're such a cute couple." Now I think this means: (1) We are very old, (2) We are getting smaller, (3) We are funny , (4) We are well preserved, or (5) The commentator hasn't a clue on what to say. If you had just met us and said this comment, what would you be meaning by it? Suggestions left in the comment box would be appreciated.

HW2 and I were checking into the airport to leave on a trip, and a porter fellow came up to HW2 after helping with our bags and said, "Now don't be offended or take this wrong, but you are one fine woman!" I just laughed because: (1) HW2 is one fine woman, (2) I appreciate others thinking what I think, (3) He probably was a widower and looking for a new mate and might do me in to get HW2, or (4) Think of the reaction Jayne Mansfield would have received. If you have to have Jayne explained, substitute Dolly Parton, and you'll be on target. Regardless, we have both laughed and frequently the expression, "You are one fine woman," gets into the conversation. That comment is too good to forget. Have a happy day, and remember the comments you get today.

No comments: