Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Newspaper Tidbits

In the San Antonio Express-News, October 17, there was a short article entitled "Bits and Pieces"which I read this morning. One that was interesting was called, "Kids' boat ride not a good idea." It seems a grandfather wanted to take four of his young grandchildren for a spin in his boat and treat them to food in an area restaurant. All were unrestrained, and all were around the age of four. The grandfather was stopped on a busy street using his lawnmower to pull his 15 foot motor boat. He was driving an unregistered vehicle and not charged. The police thought he did not willfully put his grandchildren in danger. Somehow, I can empathise with this grandfather, even though he does not seem to think his actions through. I guess I'd better sell my boat.

The other article was called, "Real potty mouth now facing jail." Apparently Dawn H. faces up to 90 days in jail and a $300 fine after she directed a profane outburst at her overflowing toilet. She said, "It doesn't make sense. I was in my house. It's not like I was outside or drunk. The toilet was overflowing and leaking down into the kitchen and I was yelling for my daughter to get the mop." The article continues with the ACLU taking up her case as it related that you can't prosecute somebody for swearing at a toilet. I think that I will also sell my toilet. Have a happy day.

1 comment:

C and J said...

No urinal in the bedroom, Mr. Pickles! Sigh! I'll miss the boat, though! Love ya! J.