Saturday, December 1, 2007

128 Entries since August 1

I have enjoyed blogging, and I looked back this morning at my posts to see when I actually got started. Kristy and Rachael encouraged us both to do this, and it really has been fun to write about what we see, the people we meet, and the things we remember. I have been keeping a log since the day I retired back in 1996. These logs have proved helpful at times when we have wondered when something happened or someplace we had been. Someday maybe some person will read them or more likely throw them out, and that will be the end of that.

I do think that it is very helpful to keep a journal that you do not necessarily share with anyone and where you can write about personal concerns and work through problems that come your way or comment on joys. I have kept journals at times in my life but these turned out to be sporadic. They certainly did complete their function, though. Sometimes I look back at some entries and marvel at the feelings being expressed.

Blogs, though, since they are intended to be public, serve a different purpose from a journal, although one could keep a journal in blog form. I know that I keep aware of the sensibilities of the potential readers and edit what I write.

I am looking for input on potential topics and hope that you, the reader, will comment and make suggestions for the next 128 entries. I would like particularly to write about funny things or happy times and maybe you remember things that could become part of this blog.

Regardless, I appreciate all who read along with me on a regular basis. Your comments have been an inspiration to continue.

No comments: